Facilities and resources
Facilities and important resources for graduate research students
Arts graduate research students who are currently enrolled in a doctoral or masters by research degree can apply for an office space at Clayton or Caulfield.
The following factors are considered in allocating office space:
- Candidature stage (those in the final stages may be given priority)
- Frequency of use (students who anticipate using office space more regularly are given preference)
- Need for space (suitable work space unavailable elsewhere)
- Progress on your research and thesis.
To request a workstation, please complete the online application form for the relevant program:
- Film, Media, Communications & Journalism
- Linguistics & Applied Linguistics
- Literary & Cultural Studies
- Historical Studies
- Social & Political Sciences
- Theatre, Performance & Music
Quiet study spaces are also available in all Monash Libraries for students who only visit the campus every now and then.
Sometimes there is a waiting period due to high demand for a permanent study desk. Hot desks are available in the interim at both Clayton and Caulfield. Please note desks will be allocated to students on a full-time usage basis, those who do not use their assigned desks , on a full-time and regular capacity will risk having the desk removed from them.
Clayton hot desks:
- PhD Hub, 27 Sports Walk
- Graduate Student Hub, 21 Sports Walk
- One will become available in the Menzies by end of July
Caulfield hot desks:
- Room B442, Level 4, Building B
To request access to hot desks offices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Monash Postgraduate Association (MPA) invites all postgraduates, whether local or international, to seek advice and advocacy on any issue which relates to their study.The MPA can assist you with a broad range of issues including:
- Academic and general misconduct
- Academic progress
- Course quality
- Grievance process
- Intellectual property
- Research progress
Monash promotes access and equity for students who have a disability or an ongoing medical condition.
You can view the full list of services provided by the Disability Support Services by visiting their website.
Find the complete list of graduate research forms for your convenience on the Monash Graduate Education intranet.
As a graduate research student you can download a range of free software packages from eSolutions to assist you with your research.