Our online recruitment system is currently unavailable
Monash University may have been affected by a data security incident at third party provider PageUp, who recently discovered unauthorised activity on their own system. Monash understands a number of Australian organisations may have been similarly impacted.
Monash University used PageUp to manage recruitment, onboarding and staff development. We took the precautionary measure of disabling the system until we receive clear information from PageUp about the nature and extent of any potential impact. We made the decision that we would not reinstate the system until we were satisfied that the incident has been contained and that the Monash system is secure.
PageUp has yet to identify the individual organisation or individuals impacted. It has, however, identified the data that has not been affected, and the data that may have.
PageUp has advised that the following types of data have not been impacted:
- Financial information
- Australian Tax File Numbers
- Employee performance reports
- Employment contracts
- Uploaded documents
PageUp has advised that the following types of data may have been impacted, if you used the PageUp system to apply for a job, submit a promotion, or for an OSP application:
- Email addresses
- Physical addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Biographical details including gender, date of birth, and maiden name (if applicable), nationality, and whether the applicant was a local resident at the time of the application
- Employment details at the time of the application
- Usernames and passwords may have been accessed, but are protected using strong encryption methods.
Monash University takes data security seriously and we will keep you updated as we continue to investigate this incident. Monash has not reinstated the system.