We strive to provide a healthy and safe environment for everyone who works and studies on our campuses. There are lots of ways to stay healthy so you can better balance work, family and other commitments.
Spending so much of your day at work, you can be tempted by all kinds of meals and snacks. We know how important your health is, so we provide a range of healthy eating options.
There’s also a range of services, resources and programs to help you improve your eating habits. It’s simple to change your lifestyle if you have access to a range of healthy food, drinks and catering.
Our services and programs include:
- Diabetes Life! Workplace Program
- Nutrition consultations
- Food as Medicine
- Food switch app
- Weight Watchers at Work program
- Healthy catering guide for meetings and events
BUPA Online Health Check
We’ve partnered with Bupa to give you more programs and tools for managing your lifestyle.
From the Bupa website, you can take these three steps to a healthier you:
- Take the Online Health Check and establish your health status in about 15 minutes.
- Get a personalised report with recommendations based on your personal situation.
- Use the tools and programs to assess, manage and track your performance.
Tools include a BMI calculator, articles on how to manage and recover from health issues, an index of health information, and an online action plan to help manage your wellbeing.
To help you and your family members improve your mental health, we provide a range of programs including:
- on-campus counselling
- mental health and wellbeing programs
- R U OK? Day
- contacts for concerning behaviour (pdf 135kb)
- counselling service: free, confidential professional counselling service. Individual appointments and group programs
- Employee Assistance Program: for staff with work, personal or health issues
- Manager Assist Program: a phone consulting service providing practical advice and support to supervisors and managers
- mental health awareness training: 2.5-hour introductory mental health seminar for staff and student groups
- mental health first aid training: learn how to help someone with a mental health problem before seeking professional help
- mindfulness at Monash
- mindfulness meditation: free weekly classes. Beginners welcome
- online mental health resources
- safeTALK - suicide awareness training.