Improving consistency in your marking and feedback
This module explores the principles of providing effective and consistent assessment feedback. Participants collaborate in small groups to explore marking criteria and develop them into rubrics, then test their draft rubrics on sample student assignments. We will explore a range of principles of formative feedback, and consider how to develop consistent and collaborative feedback approaches across teaching teams.
This module provides you with practical skills to use with your own units, teaching teams, and assessment tasks.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Interpret and apply assessment criteria
- Develop and apply processes for consistent and reliable evaluation of student work
- Identify basic principles of formative feedback
- Apply principles of formative feedback to de-identified samples of student work
Task 1: iSAP Reflection
Task 2: Rubric Draft
Task 3: Consistency Plan
- Blended mode of delivery (Online Virtual F2F Workshop)
- You can choose from ONE of the workshops below:
- Workshop 1: 8 February, 2022 | 10am - 1pm
- Workshop 2: 9 June, 2022 | 10am - 1pm
- Workshop 3: 25 October, 2022 | 10am - 1pm