Increasing interactive learning with technology
Interactivity is essential in making learning active and increasing student engagement. This module covers key concepts around interactivity and provides examples and strategies about how to create more interactive learning activities through technologies. These can be applied in both face-to-face and online environments. You will also have the opportunity to practice designing and building an interactive learning activity via the assessment tasks.
This module would be most beneficial for educators who are seeking to increase student engagement through interactivity for self-paced or through group learning.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Differentiate types of interactive activities and their pedagogical value
- Identify opportunities for both synchronous and asynchronous interactivity
- Target multiple levels of engagement through interactive activities
- Determine which educational technologies are best suited to foster interactive learning
- Design activities to increase interactive learning
Task 1:Create a design plan for a synchronous interactive learning activity
Task 2: Build an asynchronous interactive learning activity using an educational technology
- Online mode of delivery