Moodle is Monash’s Learning Management System (LMS) and your central platform for learning and teaching. It offers tools for sharing resources, communication, collaboration, and assessment. Understanding the capabilities of Moodle and navigating the system is essential for Moodle unit creation.
This module contains content from the former Mastering Moodle module but focuses on essential skills required for navigating Moodle, utilising Gradebook and setting up Assignments.
This module supports your Moodle usage at whatever level you are at. It covers the following topics:
- Moodle Basics
- Moodle Gradebook
- Moodle Assignments and Turnitin
The assignment will assess your ability to apply your knowledge of Moodle within your own Moodle site.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the key components and capabilities of Moodle.
- Explore additional functionality of Moodle and apply your skill development to your teaching.
- Create a class assignment in Moodle for individual students and/or student groups
- Apply appropriate settings relating to submission dates/process, feedback and grades
- Create and use a marking workflow for multiple assessors
Part 1:Set up an assignment for your unit using the guidelines provided.
Part 2: 150 word reflection on your practice.
- Online mode of delivery