Data - Analyser Data Management
Saving your data
To ensure all data is retained correctly, it is important that all end users adhere to the FlowCore data management structure as follows:
- Within the Diva software Browser, you must create a folder with your full name. You will create your experiments under this folder header.
- All experiments must be named according to the appropriate naming convention as signposted at each analyser work station:
- eg. XA(Instrument abbreviation)YN(your initials)190411(year, month, date) without spaces: XAYN190411
- All data must be saved immediately upon completion of experiment to the following pathway:
- (S:) > R-MNHS-FlowCore > (Group Name) > (Instrument Name).
- Do not drill down further than the instrument name. Your experiment will be automatically saved within a folder under your name.
The FlowCore analysers undergo scheduled database purges throughout the year, and workspaces are replaced with an empty database. The purpose of this exercise is to maintain the integrity of the analyser's SQL database.
To export the template:
- Open BD FacsDiva Software.
- Open user workspace.
- Right click on the experiment name.
- Export – Template.
- Leave type as “General”.
- Click “Next”.
- Click “Finish”.
- Open D:/BDexport/Templates/Experiment/General
- Find template in the list.
- Save to a USB.
To import the template:
- Copy and paste file into D:/BDexport/Templates/Experiment/General
- Open user workspace in BD FacsDiva Software.
- Press “CTRL E” – find experiment template and click on it.
Note: You can only open experimental templates on the same analyser they were created on. You cannot open or copy an experiment from one analyser to a different one due to differing parameters and settings.