Equipment available for use in the Histology Laboratory includes the following:
- Dissection area – for all your cut-up needs
- Embedding unit – for embedding to paraffin wax (bookings essential)
- Cryostat – for all your fresh tissue sectioning requirements (bookings essential)
- Microtomy – full DIY microtomy areas provided in the Paraffin laboratory, including cold plates, water baths and drying racks. The introduction of ergonomic height adjustable benches for cutting stations provides the user with all the comfort they require. Bookings essential
- Ultratomes – available for cutting resin sections. Stereomicroscope use available for very small section generation. Bookings essential
- Microscope – double header, polarizing and basic fluorescence microscopes available with access to digital camera if required.
- Staining and coverslipping area – user may access the complete staining facility with utilization of all in-house staining reagents and consumables. Methods, techniques and training can be provided if required.
- Laser capture microdissector – selective and precise isolation of cells from tissue
- Vibratome – for generation of thick sections
want to know more about available equipments?