Current Arts Honours Students

This information is for students who are currently enrolled in an Arts Honours course.

If you are interested in undertaking Honours in the Faculty of Arts in future, please go to the Arts Honours website, which has details about entry requirements, deadlines and the application process.

Changing your Honours enrolment

Once you are enrolled in an Arts Honours course, if you wish to change your enrolment, you will need to get the approval of your Honours Discipline Coordinator and fill in an Honours Change of Enrolment form. When this form has been completed and signed, it needs to be submitted to Arts Student Services via Monash Connect

Change of enrolment includes changing from full-time to part-time or vice versa, taking Intermission, and changing one or more of your coursework units. Honours students are unable to change their enrolment via WES (Web Enrolment System).

Honours Change of Enrolment form (pdf)

Honours School and Discipline Coordinators


Intermission can only be granted for one (1) semester and needs to be approved by your Honours Discipline Coordinator, using the Honours Change of Enrolment form (see above).


If you wish to discontinue your Honours course, you need to submit a Course Discontinuation form to Arts Student Services by submitting a Request for Course Discontinuation.

Important Dates

Normal census and semester dates, including academic and financial penalties, apply to all changes of Honours enrolment, Intermission and Course Discontinuation.

Honours procedures

Information relating to admission, enrolment and candidature matters for Honours can be found in the Policy Bank Honours Procedures.

Honours overseas research projects

It is possible to undertake overseas research as part of your Honours course. Read more...

Arts Honours thesis submission

For all disciplines except Psychology:
Please refer to your thesis Moodle site for due dates and submission instructions. Your Discipline Honours Coordinator will also have additional information about the discipline requirements for your thesis and what to submit.

Note: you must submit an electronic copy of your thesis. Most disciplines will also require a hard copy and will specify the number of copies you are to provide. Please refer to your thesis Moodle site for details.

Students wanting to request an extension for their thesis must apply for Special Consideration.

Psychology students only: submit to the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. Please contact the School of Psychological Sciences to confirm submission date, location and procedure.

Administrative questions about your Honours candidature

If you have any administrative questions or problems with your Arts Honours candidature, please submit an enquiry via

For questions regarding unit content, assessment or your thesis, you will need to speak with your Honours Discipline Coordinator, the unit coordinator of the relevant unit, or your thesis supervisor.

Contact us

Arts Student Services
Online enquiries:

  • Phone: +61 3 9902 6011