This research hub represents a significant research into particle science and technology. It aims to develop and apply advanced theories and mathematical models to design and optimise particulate and multiphase processes that are widely used in the minerals and metallurgical industries. This will be achieved through detailed analysis of the fundamentals governing the fluid flow, heat and mass transfer at different time and length scales, facilitated by various novel research techniques. Research outcomes including theories, computer models and simulation techniques, as well as well-trained young researchers, will generate a significant impact across a range of industries of vital importance to Australia's economic and technological future.
- Australian Research Council (ARC)
- Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute (JITRI)
- Hamersley Iron Pty Limited
- Fujian Longking Co Ltd
- Baosteel Group Company
- Bradken Resources Pty Ltd
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of New South Wales
- Western Sydney University
- Macquarie University
For more information on the Industrial Transformation Research Program, visit the ARC website.