Parking and Permits
When parking on campus contractors must comply with the parking rules. All parking signs must be obeyed. Failure to do so may lead to an infringement notice and a fine being issued.
From 2 December 2019 please use the CellOPark app to pay for your parking.
Metered parking for contractors
If you are working at either the Clayton, Caulfield or Peninsula campuses you can use the CellOPark app to pay for your parking as an alternative to prearranged contractor permits:
- Download the CellOPark app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone to register or register online at www.cellopark.com.au.
- Once you have registered, select your vehicle registration number and your parking zone (contractor code 3800506) then press START.
- You can park in Blue parking areas all day or Yellow parking areas for a maximum of 2 hours at a time at the Caulfield, Clayton or Peninsula campuses.
- Parking at the Parkville campus is only in the signed metered bays – don’t forget to use the contractor code when parking your vehicle.
Contractor parking permits
Monash University campuses have limited parking spaces.
Authorised contractors and consultants working on specific projects can apply to purchase a contractor parking permit at any of the following campuses:
These permits are for inducted contractors who work on our campuses and subject to approval by the University’s Parking & Traffic Administrator.
You can park in Blue parking areas all day or Yellow parking areas for a maximum of 2 hours at a time at the Caulfield, Clayton or Peninsula campuses. Parking at the Parkville campus is only in the signed metered bays.
2020 $AUD cost
Annual Contractor (orange)
Can park in Blue areas or Yellow areas for a maximum of two hours at a time.
Virtual parking permits
We are moving to virtual permits from 24 February 2020, you will no longer be able to use paper permits. 2020 permits will be valid from 24 February 2020 until 22 February 2021.
Permits can only be purchased from the vPermit portal. You will need to register an account, login and follow the steps to purchase your permit:
1. Select the campus on which you are parking.
2. Select the permit you intend to purchase in the drop down menu (i.e contractor permit).
3. Select your payment method.
4. Record the registration number/s of the vehicle/s you use to drive to campus.
Read the guide to learn more about how to purchase a parking permit using the new vPermit system.
To register an account in the vPermit system, you can either your company email account or personal email account.
If you are purchasing a large number of permits for your staff, or have multiple staff accessing different campuses, please contact the Monash Parking and Traffic Team on firstname.lastname@example.org who will facilitate bulk purchasing of parking permits.
The virtual permit system enables individuals to purchase a permit at any time of the year. The portal will automatically calculate and charge you the pro rata amount at the point of payment.
Please note the use of a parking permit on Monash University car parks is subject to the State traffic and parking laws, including the Road Safety Act and Road Rules (Victoria) and Monash University Parking Rules. Please read the rules prior to purchasing a permit.
Please refer to the following pages for more information: