Configuring Gnome NetworkManager to access eduroam
|Wireless Security||WPA Enterprise|
|Key Type||TKIP or CCMP|
|Identify||Monash email address|
|Anonymous Identity||Leave blank|
|CA Client Certificate File||Choose No CA certificate is required for initial eduroam connectivity. Download the QuoVadis Root CA2 for increased security in Step 3|
CA Certificate File|
(see below Private Key Password)
- Right click the NetworkManager icon (nm‐applet) in your taskbar. Ensure there's a tick next to both Enable Networking and Enable Wireless.
- Left click the NetworkManager icon, then click eduroam. To connect to a different network click Connect to Other Wireless Network and configure the settings.
- Save the QuoVadis Root CA2 certificate file to your local hard disc.
- In the dialogue box complete the fields in the table above.
- Connect to eduroam. The Gnome NetworkManager will automatically connect to the first wireless network it finds in range and for which it has been configured.