Teaching Excellence Program (formerly FET)
(Formerly known as Foundations for Effective Teaching)
The aim of the program is to orient you to the key themes of that shape learning and teaching at Monash university.
The program concentrates on important and useful elements of educational practice - across teaching, learning, assessment and feedback and asks you to consider these in relation to your own educational work.
Through this program, you will develop a statement that describes your teaching approach and consider its alignment with the way in which you design active and student-centred learning and assessment.
You will reflect on teaching practice and set the foundation for your ongoing professional learning about teaching.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Increase your awareness of educational priorities at Monash and their relevance
- Identify and apply knowledge, skills and approaches appropriate for developing teaching practice;
- Critically reflect on teaching practices to examine areas for further development so as to support student learning; and
- Identify and utilise a range of resources to support learning and teaching.
Task 1: Design for learning and assessment
Task 2: Feedback for learning
Task 3: Technology enhanced learning review
Task 4: Evaluation of practice
Task 5: Peer reviews of teaching
Task 6: Critical reflection on teaching practice
It is a requirement to complete a range of online teaching and learning activities and a workshop y in order to complete the program.
Module workshop details
Each Cohort’s program length is 9 months, which includes the two mandatory workshops and two submission deadlines.
- Workshop 1 - Tuesday 23 March 2021
- Workshop 2 - Tuesday 1 June 2021
- Submission 1 - Tuesday 20 July 2021
- Submission 2 - (end of program) 4 January 2022
- Workshop 1 - Thursday 17 June 2021
- Workshop 2 - Thursday 2 September 2021
- Submission 1 - Thursday 21 October 2021
- Submission 2 - (end of program) 7 April 2022
- Workshop 1 - Wednesday 29 September 2021
- Workshop 2 - Wednesday 1 December 2021
- Submission 1 - Wednesday 19 January 2022
- Submission 2 - (end of program) 6 July 2022
Please note: All activities for this module must be completed by the Cohorts Submission 2 due date for this Program to be recorded on your HR myDevelopment profile.