- Our centre is temporarily closed to the public. Remote working arrangements have been made for staff, as appropriate.
- The University has cancelled mobility programs for Summer (including Summer B) and semester one and two, 2021. Updates when they occur will be available on the Monash Abroad Portal.
- We will continue to review the situation in line with Italian and Australian Government advice.
- In response to COVID-19, we’re continuing to adapt our operations. View the University’s latest COVID-19 updates.
Would you like to experience an international workplace, enrich your CV and earn credit points towards your degree?
Apply for one of our internship programs and get ready to impress!
We offer placements in Prato and elsewhere in Italy including:
- Australian Embassy, Rome
- The Florentine magazine, Florence
- an international law firm, Rome
- a range of primary and secondary schools, Prato
- a children's summer camp, Prato
You can undertake an internship at any time of year. Some placements are especially popular, so we strongly recommend advance planning to make sure you don't miss out!
See our full Internship Programs listing for details.
Why do an international internship?
An international internship gives you an opportunity to develop cross-cultural competence to prepare you to be an effective global citizen in our increasingly internationalised world. You'll gain practical workplace experience that will help you stand out from the crowd. You’ll also have the chance to immerse yourself in Italian life and culture.
Internships are an opportunity to develop skills employers look for such as:
- analytical thinking and innovation
- active learning and learning strategies
- creativity, originality and initiative
- critical thinking and analysis
- complex problem-solving
- leadership and social influence
- emotional intelligence
You'll also grow in independence, confidence and self-awareness.
But don't take it from us - read what other students had to say about their internship experience.
How to enrol
As a Monash student you can enrol to do an internship in Italy, subject to approval by your faculty.
Contact our Academic Programs and Internships Coordinator for an initial conversation about our internship programs. Then you'll be guided through the enrolment process by your faculty.
How to host an intern
Internships are not only valuable for students - they're also beneficial for organisations and businesses. Hear how other employers have benefited from the program by reading their testimonials.
Contact us if your organisation or business has a site in Italy or elsewhere in Europe and you would like to host a Monash student as an intern.