Staff using devices with the Monash Standard Operating Environment (SOE) are provided with facilities to locally store their profile data.
Here are a few key things to know about your data storage:
- Local data on a workstation can be synchronised and automatically backed up to Monash servers which can only be accessed by you as an individual staff member.
- Folders that are backed from your workstation include Documents, Pictures, Favourites and Desktop folders.
- Staff can log into other SOE based devices and access their data anytime and anywhere.
- All staff profiles have a 200GB hard limit. If this is exceeded it will affect your ability to log in.
- Staff exceeding 100GB will be notified and encouraged to reduce the amount of data stored.
- Backups are run daily at 11am and 5pm and will be held for 30 days only. Anything beyond this period can’t be retrieved.
- If a significant amount of data stored is related to day-to-day work or research it may be better stored on the S: drive. We can provide you with an S: drive that only you’ll be able to access.
- Moving your data to the S: drive will reduce the pressure on your profile providing you with a more efficient user experience.