ACICIS Law Professional Practicum in Indonesia
Launched in 2018, ACICIS’ Law Professional Practicum Program is a six-week study program, usually undertaken in Jakarta prior to the commencement of the Australian academic calendar year (Usually January – February). In 2022 this program will be taught on-line due to Covid-19.
The program, hosted by Atma Jaya University, consists of an initial two weeks of intensive Indonesian language instruction and English language lectures by local legal practitioners and experts in the field of law, followed by a four-week supervised practicum placement with a local or international legal firm, government authority or non-government organisation (NGO). The program is designed to cater for students with no existing Indonesian language skills. Candidates with existing language skills will, however, are welcome to apply. You can find student testimonials at the ACICIS web page.
3 January – 11 February 2022
Intensive Period (Monday to Friday): TBC
Flexible Period (1-2 days per week): TBC
Monash Law students can enrol in this program as one 6cp Law Study Abroad Unit.
|Applications close||5 September 2021 to Monash through MAP and 15 September 2021 to ACICIS|
|Fees||AUD $3.000 for member university students|
|Scholarships||AUD $3,000 New Colombo Plan grants available to eligible students. » Are you eligible?|
- students must have completed 48 credit points of compulsory law study, equivalent one full year of law studies at time of application
- must have a minimum Law WAM of 60% at time of application.
- Please register with Monash Abroad Portal first - GSP | ACICIS Law Professional Practicum (Study Abroad).
- Once the faculty have assessed your eligibility and have confirmed this with you applications can then made directly through ACICIS website.
- Once ACICIS have assessed your application they will then notify you directly and also notify the Faculty to enrol you into your Law Study Abroad unit for credit into your course.
- Student services will then confirm with you that you are enrolled.