Faculty organised international placements - International internships are on hold unit further notice
Monash University and the Faculty of Law have made a strategic commitment to the internationalisation of educational opportunities for our students. As such the Law School has developed a number of placements that will enhance both the personal and professional development of our students.
These are placements negotiated, advertised and managed by the Faculty of Law and developed via a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the organisation concerned. Students will be required to apply to the Faculty (or directly to the internship host) and meet a set of selection criteria which has been negotiated between the Faculty and the organisation involved. The application process may also involve an interview with the Associate Dean International and/or other appropriate members of staff.
Student eligibility criteria - General
- be enrolled in the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) including any associated double degree or the Juris Doctor degree at the Faculty of Law at Monash University and have at least one unit (6 credit points) of their degree to complete after the end of the internship program
- at the time of application, students enrolled in the:
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) including any associated double degree must have completed (or are currently completing) at least 48 credit points of core law units and have achieved a minimum credit (60%) average
- Juris Doctor program must have completed (or are currently completing) at least 72 credit points of core law units and have achieved a minimum credit (60%) average
- have the ability to complete the internship without compromising studies or examination periods
be available on return to commit to marketing and promotional activities, including future use of profiles and reports in marketing material
In order to apply for an international placement you must complete the Faculty of Law - International placement opportunities web form (or apply directly to the internship host) and provide appropriate supporting documentation via the web form. If you need to submit any additional supporting documentation after submitting the web form, please submit it via Ask Monash.
The application due dates are set to allow processing of your application by the Faculty of Law, Monash Abroad and the placement provider. Applications received after the relevant due date will not be processed.
NOTE: For more specific information on eligibility criteria and all relevant dates, please click from the drop down information boxes below.
Restrictions for international students
International students are not currently permitted to undertake placements during semester due to visa restrictions. However they may be eligible for placements that fall outside of the semester dates.