Monash welcomes the opportunity to work with new industry partners to advance technologies for our clinical application areas, including:
- Neuroscience and vision
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases
- Therapeutics and drug and vaccine delivery technologies
- Regenerative medicine
MIME can bring together a tailored, interdisciplinary team of researchers to work in partnership with your company or agency to:
- Deliver solutions to complex, real world medical engineering
- Undertake cost-effective R&D in areas where you may lack
- specific expertise
- Develop new products and services
- Evaluate and trial new devices and diagnostic tools.
We have a track record for working in close collaboration with industry partners to develop new products. For example the Monash Vision Group (MVG) is working with Grey Innovation and MiniFab to develop the first Direct to Brain Bionic Vision device (Gennaris) for those afflicted with acquired blindness. This is a multi electrode prosthesis for implantation into the visual cortex of the brain.