Who we are
The Monash Law Faculty is one of the largest and most prestigious law schools in Australia. Consistently ranked among the world's top 30 in the QS World University rankings, we have a broad teaching base, strong international links and an excellent reputation. We offer a range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research degrees and provide legal education and training to over 3500 undergraduate and postgraduate students at any one time.
Study with us
The Monash Law Faculty has a long established reputation as one of Australia's leading law schools and is the first choice for a significant number of outstanding students.
We are a member of the prestigious Group of Eight universities, recognised for excellence in research, teaching and scholarship. We pride ourselves on offering tangible and real legal experience for our students in our two Clinical Legal Education Centres. We offer international study opportunities through our dedicated programs in Italy and Malaysia and provide a positive experience while equipping our students with practical, transferable skills that they can take to their future careers.
The Clayton campus is the hub for our Undergraduate Law courses where you can choose from single undergraduate degree options, or combine your Law interest with another degree.
We also offer a range of Postgraduate study options at our Monash University Law Chambers in the heart of the legal district of Melbourne.
- Revolutionising global water management23 September 2015
- Ultimate Frisbee success for Monash Law student22 September 2015
- Monash Law graduates heading to Cambridge17 September 2015
- Federal Circuit Court judge Alexander Street accused of bias after rejecting hundreds of migration cases14 September 2015
Check out our events
- 21st Lucinda Lecture - "Of lions and squeaking mice in anxious times"8 October 2015
- "Death by algorithm - the advent of killer robots" by Prof Christof Heyns9 October 2015
- Quality financial advice in Australia: How can we best move forward13 October 2015
- Workshop: The 'Expert' Expert Witness13 October 2015
Law Staff in the Media
- Prof Matthew Groves - Federal Circuit Court judge Alexander Street accused of bias after rejecting hundreds of migration cases - ABC
- Ms Sangeetha Pillai - Committee recommendations improve citizenship bill, but fundamental flaws remain - The Conversation
- Associate Professor Bronwyn Naylor - Rehabilitation and prisoners' rights - ABC