Who we are
The Monash Law Faculty is one of the largest and most prestigious law schools in Australia. Consistently ranked among the world's top 30 in the QS World University rankings, we have a broad teaching base, strong international links and an excellent reputation. We offer a range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research degrees and provide legal education and training to over 3500 undergraduate and postgraduate students at any one time.
Study with us
The Monash Law Faculty has a long established reputation as one of Australia's leading law schools and is the first choice for a significant number of outstanding students.
We are a member of the prestigious Group of Eight universities, recognised for excellence in research, teaching and scholarship. We pride ourselves on offering tangible and real legal experience for our students in our two Clinical Legal Education Centres. We offer international study opportunities through our dedicated programs in Italy and Malaysia and provide a positive experience while equipping our students with practical, transferable skills that they can take to their future careers.
The Clayton campus is the hub for our Undergraduate Law courses where you can choose from single undergraduate degree options, or combine your Law interest with another degree.
We also offer a range of Postgraduate study options at our Monash University Law Chambers in the heart of the legal district of Melbourne.
- Monash team finishes in top 5% at Vis Moot Vienna finals7 April 2016
- Monash law students make Vis Moot Hong Kong finals16 March 2016
- Monash University Law School team finishes 3rd in International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Competition in Paris11 February 2016
- NT Intervention fails on key reforms: report9 February 2016
Check out our events
- The Susan Campbell Oration:Blueprint for the Future of Clinical Legal Education 11 May 2016
- Collaborative Practice12 May 2016
- Book Launch: United States Migrant Interdiction and the Detention of Refugees in Guantánamo Bay17 May 2016
- The Future of Lawyering: Facing the Big Challenges in the 21st Century19 May 2016
Law Staff in the Media
- Prof Matthew Groves - Federal Circuit Court judge Alexander Street accused of bias after rejecting hundreds of migration cases - ABC
- Ms Sangeetha Pillai - Committee recommendations improve citizenship bill, but fundamental flaws remain - The Conversation
- Associate Professor Bronwyn Naylor - Rehabilitation and prisoners' rights - ABC
Annual Costello Lecture 2015