Many Google services are unavailable in China. This means the app cannot be downloaded from the Google Play Store and push notifications on Android devices do not work. Apple devices don’t have these restrictions.
First, install the Okta Verify app. Some local wi-fi networks may block access required to set up MFA Okta. It's best to follow these instructions on your 4G phone network.
- Allow the phone to receive application installation files from sources other than the normal Play or App store.
- Go to settings to allow applications to be installed from unknown sources:
- you can swipe down on the notification bar at the top of your phone display, then tap on the top right settings icon, or
- search the internet on how to get to your phone settings.
In earlier versions, you can select Security, then enable Unknown sources.
- Download and install the Okta Verify app on your Android device.
On later Android versions, you can download the application through your web browser, then install the software from your My files or File viewer software. In this case, you would be prompted to Allow application installation from this source or you can search the settings for Install Unknown Apps to enable that application to install an Android application.
- Visit https://mfaoptin.monash.edu/.
- Click Next.
- Click Register now.
- Select the Android icon and click Next.
- Click Can’t scan?
- From the top drop-down box, select Setup manually without push notification and note the Secret Key.
- On your smartphone:
- open the Okta Verify app
- click the + symbol to add a registration
- click No barcode? and enter your Monash email address as the username and your Secret Key generated in step 9.
- On your web browser, click Next.
You'll be asked to enter a code from the Okta Verify app to confirm the registration.
- Enter the code and click Verify.
All done! You'll see the following screen confirming that your registration is complete.