Use the Calendar and keep track of your important dates all in one place. Google Calendars can integrate seamlessly with most tools like Gmail, Drive, Contacts, Sites and Hangouts.
Go to Calendar Help Centre to learn about the following and much more:
- Download the app
- Manage, share and delegate your calendar
- Adjust your privacy settings
- Import, export and sync
- Create, transfer and update events
- Troubleshoot issues
Monash University key dates
You can add important dates at Monash to your calendar by subscribing to specific Monash calendar feeds.
The calendar entries will only display in your calendar whilst you are subscribed to the calendar. If you remove a subscription all past and future calendar entries will disappear.
General holiday calendars
The holiday calendar shown in Google Calendar by default is based on your time zone settings.
- From your Google Calendar, select the settings Cog (top right corner) > Settings
- Select the Calendars tab, then select Browse interesting calendars on the right of the page (Under Other Calendars)
- A list of available holiday calendars will be displayed on the Holidays tab
- You can subscribe or unsubscribe at anytime.
Copy events from a calendar you've subscribed to
Subscribed calendar events can be copied to your Google Calendar on an individual basis.
- Select the event you wish to copy to your calendar. An event details box is displayed
- Select copy to my calendar
- Fill in any additional details required
- Select Save to save the entry in your calendar
- The entry will show twice on the date in two different colours, once for your calendar and once for the subscribed calendar.
- To subscribe, click the arrow next to Other Calendars and select Browse Interesting Calendars
- Select the More tab click Resources for monash.edu
- Select the group that the rooms belong to and Subscribe to the rooms you wish to view
- The room or resource you subscribed to is now listed under Other calendars. Select the room or resource name to toggle the calendar on or off.
To make any bookings, users will need to be given the ability to either 'See all event details' or 'Make changes to events'. Once this is done follow the steps below to book a room or resource:
- Select Create in the top left corner of the Calendar window
- Enter the meeting description
- Select date and times required
- Add event attendees in the Guests field. Names will automatically display as you type them
- Select Rooms to find a room or resource (i.e. vehicle or equipment). You will only be able to schedule rooms and resources that your area has access to
- Check your booking by double clicking the event in your calendar to view details. Booked resources will show in the list of Guests on the right hand side.
- Tick the Show only available box to show only rooms & resources available at the time you have selected for the meeting.
- To book a specific room/resource, untick Show only available, and type the name of the room or resource.
If you'd like to create, update or delete a room or resource in Google Calendar, contact the Service Desk.
Staff and students can view your personal calendar at Monash University. The default settings staff and students can see if you are free or busy.
To change your calendar settings so only staff can view your calendar follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your Monash Google Calendar.
- Hover your mouse over the name of the calendar.
- Click on the drop down arrow on the right hand side of the calendar name.
- Select Share this Calendar. This will bring up the sharing settings.
- Untick the Share this calendar with everyone in the organisation button.
- Add email@example.com into the box under Share with specific people and click Add Person.
- Under Permission Settings ensure you click the drop down and select See only free/busy (hide details).
Your calendar is now visible only to Monash staff.
Follow these steps to add a reminder in your calendar:
- Open your Google Calendar.
- Click an empty slot in your calendar and select Reminder on the top of the pop-up box.
- Add your reminder name in the text box.
- Set the date and time.
- Click Save.
If you’ve hidden your reminders calendar, you’ll need to make this available to see the option for reminders.