If you get a new phone (or device), you'll need to transfer your multi-factor authentication (MFA) from your old phone or device to your new one to access your Monash accounts and services.
If you've already deleted the app from your old phone or reset your old phone, or you don't have your old phone anymore, contact the Service Desk for assistance.
Below are step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process of setting up MFA on your new phone (or device).
Step 1: Remove Okta Verify
- If you use an Android device, update your Okta app.
- On a computer that has a web browser, log in to verify your password.
Depending on how you have Okta set up, either a push notification will be sent to your phone automatically or you’ll be prompted to send a push notification.
- If prompted, click Send Push.
- On your old phone, approve the notification, then go back to the computer – your account details will be on screen.
- Under the Extra Verification section, click Reset for Okta Verify Mobile App.
- Click Yes to delete your old phone.
The Set Up Okta Verify window closes and you’ll see your Account page.
Step 2: Set up Okta on your new phone
Before installing Okta on your new device, ensure the operating system is up to date:
- On the Account page on your computer, under Extra Verification, click Setup for the Okta Verify Mobile App.
- Choose your device type.
- On your new phone, install the latest version of Okta Verify from your app store:
- Once the Okta Verify installation is complete, press Next on your computer.
You’ll now see a QR code.
- Open the Okta app on your new phone, select Add Account and scan the QR code on the computer screen. You can also register MFA without scanning the QR code.
- Once the green tick appears over the QR Code, the process is complete. Click Done.
You’ll receive a New device registered for multi-factor authentication email confirming that you have registered your new device for MFA.