Got a new mobile phone or device?
To access your Monash account on your new device, you'll need to set up Okta Verify (multi-factor authentication). It's easier if you have both your new and old phone.
If you don't have your old device and find you're locked out of your Monash account, we can also help you.
You can do this step on a computer if it's easier. Otherwise, use your old phone.
Step 1: Remove Okta Verify from your old phone
Using a computer or your old phone
- Log into Okta with your Monash email address and password. Use your old phone to accept the Okta Verify prompt.
- In the top navbar, click your name, and select Settings.
(If you see the Edit Profile option on the Settings screen, select that, re-enter your credentials and accept the Okta Verify prompt on your old phone if required).
- Under the Extra Verification section, click Remove for Okta Verify.
- In the dialog window, click Yes to remove the Okta Verify enrolment from your old phone.
- You'll receive an email confirmation.
Step 2: Set up Okta Verify on your new phone
Using your new phone or device
Before installing Okta Verify on your new device, ensure the operating system is up to date:
- On the Account page, under Extra Verification, click Set up for Okta Verify.
- Choose your device type.
- On your new phone, install the latest version of Okta Verify from your app store:
- Once the Okta Verify installation is complete, press Next. You’ll now see a QR code.
- Open the Okta Verify app on your new phone, select Add Account and scan the QR code shown in your browser. You can also set up Okta Verify without scanning the QR code.
- Once the Okta Verify app is enrolled on your new phone, you'll be redirected back to your Okta Verify profile page. You'll also receive an email confirming that you've set up the Okta Verify app on your new phone.
To get multi-factor authentication set up on your new device, we’ll need to contact you to clarify some details.
Call us between 8am – 6pm, Monday – Friday and we'll be on hand to help.
Students: +61 3 9903 2777
Staff: +61 3 9905 1777
Alternatively, you can send us an email at email@example.com with the details below and we’ll be in touch.
You'll need to provide your:
- Full name
- Contact number (mobile if possible)
- Staff/student ID
- Monash email address
- Best time to call on a weekday between 8am – 6pm (we'll try our best to contact you during your nominated call back time)