Monash University Archives currently holds approximately 50,000 images that document the history, buildings, students and staff of the university and its predecessor institutions. These include black and white prints, colour prints, negatives, slides and digital images. Over 8,000 of these images are available on-line for research and study purposes.
Significant collections include:
- early photographs of the Clayton site and buildings
- photographs related to the history of Caulfield Campus
- images from the Public Affairs offices of Monash University and of Chisholm Institute of Technology
- photographs, slides and posters related to productions staged at the Alexander Theatre
- photographs related to member clubs of the Sports and Recreation Association
- photographs related to the history of Frankston Teachers College, Gippsland Institute of Advanced Education and Victorian College of Pharmacy
- Sir John Monash collection
Monpix is an on-going project, with new images being continually added to the database.