The Faculty of Arts sets business processes and guidelines for assessment in line with the University’s assessment policies and procedures.
- Assessment and feedback
These business processes give details of Faculty requirements for assessment in Faculty-owned units. This includes information on assessment regimes (including marking criteria and rubrics), hurdle requirements, provision of information in Handbook and unit guides, and return of feedback and assessment items
- Assessment extension and late assessment submission
These business processes detail extensions to assessment deadlines, late submission penalties, and processes for handling special consideration and long-term illness or disability.
- Assessment remarking
These business processes provide information on remarking of assessment items, and information on requirements for the verification of fail mark and grades for a unit.
- Board of Examiners
For information regarding Faculty of Arts business processes related to Boards of Examiners – including meeting dates, supporting documentation, and grade distribution processes – please see the Faculty of Arts Board of Examiners intranet page (staff login required). The Faculty’s BOE business processes can be found via the Faculty of Arts business processes intranet page (staff login required).
- Graduate coursework degrees
These business processes identify research content in all Faculty of Arts graduate coursework degrees, and detail assessment business processes for research content.
These business processes give details of the honours degree of the Bachelor of Arts, including information about enrolment, assessment, course structure, and grievances.
- Supplementary assessment
This business process details the Faculty’s management of requests for supplementary assessment.
Supporting policies, procedures, and resources:
- Email: Arts Faculty Student Progress Officer (special consideration)
- Email: University Copyright Officer
- Faculty staff intranet: Faculty of Arts Assessment Portfolio (staff login required)
- Faculty staff intranet: Marking payment for teaching associates (staff login required)
- University Library webpage: Readings and Reserve Services
- University policy: Copyright Compliance Policy
- University webpage: Special Consideration