- The Faculty of Arts may offer a number of achievement awards for coursework degrees and courses, including undergraduate, diploma, and graduate masters coursework degree programs.
- In any given year, criteria for the receipt of a coursework award will be developed, and will be approved by the Dean. This includes criteria for eligibility and receipt of award.
- Awards for excellence are given by the Faculty, with determination of the award winner made by the Dean, in consultation with approriate academic and professional staff, for example: Associate Dean (Education); Faculty Director of Graduate Studies; directors of graduate coursework programs; conveners of majors and areas-of-study; Faculty General Manager.
- The Faculty may change criteria for award for any programs or cohort of students, provided that the Dean approves.
- The Faculty is not obliged to offer any number of awards in any year.
- Faculty decisions on coursework excellence awards are final.
Responsibility: Dean of the Faculty of Arts; academic staff; professional staff.