Global study tours
About our Study Tours
Fast track your degree and study 6 or 12 credit points intensively over your Summer or Winter holidays. Arts Study Tours run for 2 – 4 weeks and there are units offered all around the world.
Complete our expression of interest form to indicate your interest in a unit and you will be the first to know when applications are opening. All program information including program dates, program fees, inclusions and exclusions will be available in the Monash Abroad Portal (MAP) at time of application.
See where in the world our Arts students study.
*Please note that the deposit is not refundable except in the case that your application is not successful. *Please read our refund procedure carefully before applying
**Upfront payments for study tours must be made; please note that loans and scholarships will not be available before the program fee due dates
***Arts Study Tours have a minimum number of students to be able to go ahead. The offering of Study Tours are subject to change. Students should not make any travel arrangements until the Faculty has endorsed their application and confirmed the program will be going ahead.
Please ensure you check the Arts non-standard Census Dates for Summer/Winter Study Tours. See here for Results release dates.
How to Apply
- Start planning at least 1 year in advance
- Start saving! Upfront payments are required, and loans and scholarships will not be available before the program fee due dates. Make sure you have sufficient funds available to pay your program fees upfront.
- Check that you meet the eligibility requirements for Arts Study Tours
- Once applications close, Arts Global Programs team will complete a course progression check on your behalf, via Arts Student Services, to confirm if the study tour fits into your course.
- Double degree student? If your Managing Faculty is Education or Medical Sciences, you must also obtain written approval from your Managing Faculty and upload this to your application.
- Non Arts Degree? You must obtain written approval from the Managing Faculty of your course.
- Expect ten (10) business days for Student Services to process your check, so please ensure you submit your request as early as possible.
- Check to see if your program is taking applications and apply through the Monash Abroad Portal (MAP)
- Program not open? Please submit an Expression of Interest.
- Have the following things prepared for the Pre-Decision stage of your application through MAP
- a scanned copy of your passport to upload
- consider your need to apply for an OS HELP Loan
- your personal statement of maximum 250 words which must specifically address the following questions:
- why would you like to undertake this program?
- what do you hope to learn from this program?
- how do you plan to manage the intensive study workload? List the strategies and resources you would use.
- when group dynamics become uncomfortable, what strategies do you put in place to maintain a positive experience?
- your bank account details. Your Monash Abroad Scholarship, OS HELP Loan, and any other scholarships will be paid into this account.
- pay the deposit* of your program fee via shop.monash. You must pay this BEFORE you can submit your application.
- After you have submitted your application through MAP, you can check the status of your application through ‘My Inbox’ or ‘My Applications’
- You will receive an email from Arts Global Programs notifying you of the outcome of your application (approx 2 weeks after the application closing date)
- If your application is successful, instructions on how to formally accept your offer will be provided in your offer letter
- You will be manually enrolled by Arts Global Programs
- You will also receive an approval email from Monash Abroad which will confirm the details of your Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship, OS HELP Loan and Complimentary Travel Insurance
- You will need to log back into MAP to complete additional Post Decision steps to commit to the program
- You will need to pay the program fee balance – instructions will be provided in your offer letter
- You will receive your Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship and OS-HELP Loan (if applicable) approximately 2-4 weeks before departure**
- All students must attend a compulsory pre-departure session approximately 4 weeks before departure
- Download the Respect.Now.Always app before departure
Find out more about funding and financial information
Visa Information & Vaccinations
Please visit smartraveller.gov.au for up-to-date information on visas and health and vaccination requirements for your Study Tour.
Monash University Health Services can assist with any vaccinations you require.
All outgoing students will receive complimentary travel insurance. To view the coverage, visit the Monash Abroad website.