Work experience and internships
Work in an organisation as part of your studies and get credit towards your course. You could be working with a member of state parliament, building a school in a developing nation, working behind the scenes at a television station, or as a researcher with a non-profit organisation. The opportunities are endless.
Advantages of doing an internship
- Gain valuable work experience that counts towards your degree.
- Apply what you’re learning in class to a real-world context.
- Create networking opportunities – you’ll link up with people who can give you advice and introduce you to groups and networks.
- Do an internship overseas and build your intercultural skills at the same time.
Places where our students have interned
- Global Poverty Project, New York
- The State Museum of Majdanek, Poland
- Mango Communications
- Live Performance Australia
- Channel 7
- Johannesburg Holocaust and Genocide Centre
- Ernst & Young
- Australian Embassy, Rome
- Melbourne Writers Festival
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Korean Consulate-General
- Penang House of Music, Malaysia
- Creative Innovation Global
- Melbourne Festival