Performing periodic backups using your Monash computer will enable the Service Desk to provide further support when you need it.
Select your option from the menu below to find more information on how to perform back ups.
iCloud and iTunes backup include:
- Purchased music, apps and books
- Photos and video
- Device settings (e.g. favourites, email, contacts, calendar accounts)
- App data
- Home screen and app organisation
- Messages (iMessage, SMS and MMS)
Please ensure you're running the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Visit Apple Support for detailed instructions on how to backup your devices using iCloud or iTunes.
Follow the steps to download and install the Smart Switch software:
- Select your phone’s operating system
- Select Operating System again
- Select Computer
- Select Mac or Windows
To connect and backup your device to PC or Mac:
- Install Smart Switch on your PC
- Connect your old Galaxy device to the PC
- Open the Smart Switch app on your computer, and connect your old Galaxy device to it with a USB cable.
- Click the Backup option on the Smart Switch app. Remember to unlock the screen before proceeding.
- Restore from the backup file
- Connect the new device to the PC/ Mac
- Click Restore and select the latest backup file from the pop-up menu. Now select the items that you want to restore, and hit let’s transfer.
If you are switching from an iOS device, you can back up your data through an Apple iCloud account.
- Backup your iPhone’s data to iCloud. See that all your required data, such as images, videos, and notes, are being backed up to your iCloud account.
- Install Smart Switch app on your Galaxy device
- Open the Samsung Smart Switch app on your new Galaxy device
- Select Wireless
- Select Receive
- Select iOS
- Enter your Apple ID and password. Then select Sign in to connect to your iCloud account
- Select the content you want to transfer. Unselect any content you don’t want to import from your iCloud account. Then select Import
- Select Continue to import additional content from your iCloud account
- Select the content you want to transfer. Unselect any content you don’t want to import from your iCloud account. Then select Import.