Monash Law Ambassador Program
What is the Monash Law Ambassador Program?
Law Ambassador Program
The Ambassador Program offers a range of opportunities to gain valuable leadership skills which will enhance your career development, professionalism and increase your employability.
The Program is designed to equip Ambassadors with confidence and skills that will help make them highly sought after by employers. Ambassadors represent and promote Monash Law at a range of student, alumni and industry events.
Ambassadors can look forward to:
- Personal/professional skills training sessions;
- Creating and managing a project which will help your peers and/or the community;
- Enhanced overall university experience and making new friends;
- Invitations to select events for networking; and
- Contributing to the Monash University and the wider community through events such as Monash Open Day and Orientation week and other Monash Law engagement.
The program is great. It has facilitated and encouraged me to cooperate and innovate. It has enriched my skills and allowed me to contribute to other law students." - James Ondari, Bachelor of Laws student and current Law Ambassador
'What sets the Law Ambassador Program apart from other leadership programs is how it ensures you’re equipped with personal development skills that will help you thrive in the real world. It takes into account that each student is unique and has different aspirations and helps them learn skills that will be applicable in any career, such as networking and communicating effectively." - Ashley Chow, Bachelor of Laws student and current Law Ambassador
To be eligibility to participate, students must:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Laws/Combined, Master of Laws or Juris Doctor course;
- Not be away for a significant period over the duration of the program; and
- Not be graduating before October 2022 unless agreed by the Coordinator.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, Ambassadors are required to:
- Attend 70% of seminars/workshops;
- Work in teams to create, manage and deliver project / initiative which will benefit student experience & engagement at Monash University, assist the community and build employability skills; and
- Complete volunteering throughout the duration of the program.
- May be asked to assist at a range of events including Open Day, Orientation Week, information sessions and careers events;
- Contribute their ideas and thoughts on various initiatives, programs and events;
- Are appointed for one year initially, and can stay on for subsequent year(s) at the discretion of the Program Coordinator; and
- Are not expected to nor encouraged to miss any classes. The Program Coordinator will endeavour to schedule training sessions and activities outside of class time and assignment/exam periods.
Questions? For more information please contact the Law Ambassador Program Co-ordinator Isabel Melles Taberner: email@example.com.
For the first time in the program's history, Monash Law held a Showcase Evening which illustrated the various projects and initiatives that the class of 2018 had created.
As part of the Monash Law Ambassador Program 2017, students participated in a variety of workshops including leadership, project management and public speaking.
Ambassadors reviewed their experience from start to finish in the Student Futures platform, highlighting the lessons and employability skills they developed throughout their journey.
In teams students prepared a structured review report that was used to create an ebook that represented the entire cohort. The ebook is a tangible outcome from the program and can be provided to prospective employers.
Please email the Program Coordinator, Isabel Melles Taberner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.