Other Services

Careers, Leadership & Volunteering

You will find the help you need by using Monash Career Connect.


Monash University chaplains are available for the pastoral and spiritual care of students. Regular worship services are conducted throughout the year and students of all backgrounds are offered support, counselling, encouragement and spiritual direction/religious advice.

Counselling Service

The University Counselling Service in located at:

  • Clayton: University Health Service, 21 Chancellors Walk, Campus Centre, Ground floor, open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
  • Peninsula: University Health Service, Building U, Level 1, open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

This service is available to all residents of Monash Residential Services. Students will be seen after hours by appointment and messages can be left on the answering machine, extension 53020 or 990 53020.

A 24/7 telephone counselling service is available to students of Monash University by calling 1300 788 336

Financial Aid

Financial Advice is available at the university to assist enrolled students with a variety of financial matters including Austudy, student loans, financial advice and basic taxation information. For more information please contact the Monash Connect office at your campus.

Health Service

For information please visit the Monash University Health Service website.

Clayton Campus, Monash University Health Service is open from 9am to 5pm on weekdays. It is situated on the ground floor of the Campus Centre (Building 10, 21 Chancellors Walk).

Peninsula Campus Monash University Health Services is located in Building U Level 1. Please call extension 44615 or 9904 4615 for appointments. Alternatively, Frankston Hospital is located on Hastings Road, Frankston and has an Emergency Department (Ph. 9784 7777).

If you are taken ill during the night or weekend and you, or the College Head, consider the services of a doctor necessary, then a private doctor will have to be consulted. In this case the doctor will charge you directly for their services.

MRS cannot pay your medical bills nor can the medical bills be put on your residential account. It is strongly recommended that Australian citizens and permanent residents  obtain their own Medicare card. If Medicare does not adequately cover you,  it is strongly advised that you consider joining one of the private health insurance funds. Relevant information is available from the pharmacy in the Campus Centre or the University Health Service. Overseas students should make sure they have adequate medical and hospital insurance cover.

Legal Aid Service

If you have legal problems and wish to consult the Monash Oakleigh Legal Service, they operate from 60 Beddoe Avenue Clayton. Consultation is by appointment either by telephoning 9905 4336 between 9am and 5pm or by visiting the centre. If there is some urgency, the service will act immediately.


Maps of the Halls and Monash and its environs are available from the Administration Office and on the Monash University website.

Monash University Facilities

University Facilities are available to Monash enrolled students including Monash College and MUELC students.

These services may often be free or offered at a discount.

For more information on campus facilities please visit the website.


To help achieve one of its Mission Goals, MRS has developed a number of Scholarships to promote and engender a high academic environment at all Victorian on-campus residential sites.