International Consortium for Values-based Governance (ICVG)
The International Consortium for Values-based Governance (ICVG) is a response to a societal need to have in place governance systems that are rooted in the institutional context at different levels - local, regional, state, national and international. The ICVG advocates values-based governance as a necessary substitute to the “one-size-fits-all” approach that has dominated governance research, practice and policy to date.
The ICVG builds on expertise across a range of academic disciplines at Monash University to address these and other governance-related issues. It also draws from the expertise and insights from internationally renowned governance experts. By promoting innovative and impactful interdisciplinary and collaborative thought leadership across diverse stakeholders, the ICVG attempts to address the complex governance-related issues experienced by institutions in the modern era.
We encourage research projects in the private, not-for-profit and government sectors, especially with a view to producing high-quality publications. Our aim is to use the insights gained from these publications to formulate governance policies that enhance societal welfare. We also stimulate dialogue among different stakeholders that may pave the way for effective values-based governance systems to be created.
The ICVG aims to:
- Engage in interdisciplinary and collaborative research across a range of academic disciplines at Monash University and interact with international and other domestic researchers;
- Hold workshops, seminars, symposia and conferences to provide an outlet for the dissemination of research insights that could be used in policy-making and also encourage other research;
- Facilitate connections and collaborations between Monash researchers and industry/government;
- Encourage high quality research and publications.
- Conduct training programs
- Stimulate dialogue pertaining to values-based governance across a range of diverse stakeholders worldwide
- Contribute to policy debates on governance
Some of the ICVG’s current research themes include the following:
- Governance in the digital economy
- Governance in the not-for-profit sector
- Better Governance Index
- Governance in health care
- Governance and sustainability
- Governance in the banking industry