Generously supported by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
The Zema Energy Studies Scholarship has been established to honour the memory of AEMO’s founding Chief Executive Officer, energy reform leader and Monash alumnus Matt Zema, and is designed to support the next generation of leaders to meet Australia's energy sector challenges. It is created with the support of the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Energy Council and in partnership with the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
The Zema Scholarship aims to create a cohort of energy professionals with advanced multidisciplinary knowledge across Engineering, IT and Business/ Economics. The PhD program is intended to deepen student’s expertise, unlock their full leadership potential and help them gain exposure to Australia’s national energy industry.
The scholarship provides a $35,000 per annum stipend and will support the successful applicant for the approved duration of their PhD candidature, to a maximum of three-and-a-half years.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident.
You will be working with supervisors from the business and economics, engineering, and information technology faculties to explore and solve pressing energy problems.
This program provides a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with the energy sector, enabling you to establish an industry presence and develop leadership networks.
Matt is remembered as a strong, intelligent and passionate leader. This scholarship empowers you to build on your passion, gain exposure, and contribute to the energy community.
Links to information about research areas in:
How to apply
- Check your eligibility
- Find a prospective academic supervisor from an academic in the Faculty of Engineering, IT or Business and Economics
- Seek and receive an invitation to apply letter from an academic supervisor
- Monash Energy Institute researcher directory
- Monash University's 'Find a Researcher' directory
- Express your interest by October 2021 at the latest
- Apply for a scholarship specifying your application for the 'Zema' award by October 2021