The use of computer labs and facilities is subject to the Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy (pdf, 0.17 mb). Be sure to read and understand the this policy as a breach of any of these terms and conditions can result in legal action.
Unauthorised access to any lab isn't permitted as labs and facilities can only be used for University course related and research purposes.
You may be requested to present your ID card to authorised staff.
To search and register for a computer lab location please visit Locate a computer lab.
You can search in a variety of ways, for example:
- Filter labs by your chosen field such as faculty, location or operating system
- Browse the expandable menus such as General access, Mannix College or post grad student etc.
Go to find a student computer lab for more info.
The purpose of these lab rules is to ensure that lab facilities are used appropriately and in the fairest way for all Monash students.
Computer lab users are not permitted to:
- Play computer games or use peer-to-peer software.
- Access or download unauthorised audio or video files (eg: MP3, MPG or AVI).
- Access offensive or obscene material.
- Access accounts, files or data other than their own, without authorisation.
- Remove or damage equipment or facilities.
- Cause any sort of disruption to fellow lab users.
- Eat or drink in laboratories.
- "Reserve" PCs for any amount of time while away from the lab.
- Use the PCs for non-academic purposes when other students are awaiting to use a computer.
Help and support
- Read your Student Technology Essentials Handbook (pdf, 0.84 mb)
- Contact the Service Desk