Expression of interest for admission to HDR
Prospective candidates for a higher degree by research are required to email an expression of interest (EOI) to the Faculty of Law before being invited to apply for admission to a course.
The Faculty Research Services office will assess the EOI and determine if the course eligibility criteria have been met and suitable supervision and resources are available.
Higher degree by research courses include:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
How to submit an expression of interest
To submit an EOI, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Research proposal (Please see the structure required by the Faculty);
* Curriculum vitae (CV); and
* Copies of academic transcripts.
The Faculty will assist in identifying suitable supervisors, although the research proposal could nominate one or more staff members.
Timelines for submission of expression of interest
* For candidature only: any time during the year; and
* For candidature and Monash University scholarships: at least 8 weeks before the closing date of each scholarship round.
- Applicants who intend to apply for the Endeavour Scholarship with commencement in 2019 are requested to check the closing date of this award and allow 8 weeks for your expression of interest to be considered.
What happens next?
The Faculty will advise if the course entry requirements have been met and appropriate supervision is available. Where this is the case, prospective candidates will be invited to submit a formal application for course admission via the Monash University online system.
Please note: An invitation to make a formal application following a successful Faculty preliminary assessment does not guarantee admission to any course.