The Biostatistics Unit is actively engaged in methodological biostatistical research relevant to the solution of practical problems in clinical research. We are involved in numerous collaborative epidemiological and clinical research projects within and external to the School, and are actively involved in the School's teaching programs in biostatistics, clinical research and public health.
We also house the Biostatistics Consulting Platform, which provides high-quality biostatistical support to researchers at Monash University's Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences and the Alfred Hospital, as well as other hospitals, institutes and health service groups. The Biostatistics Consulting Platform is subsidised by the Monash Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences and the Alfred Hospital.
- Head of Unit: Professor Andrew Forbes BSc(Hons) MSc PhD FACS FAAAI
- Professor Rory Wolfe BSc PhD
- Professor Stephane Heritier BSc MSc MBA PhD
- Associate Professor Baki Billah BSc(Hons) MSc MAS PhD
- Associate Professor Arul Earnest PhD
- Associate Professor Jessica Kasza BSc(Hons) PhD
- Associate Professor Joanne McKenzie BSc Grad Dip App Sc MSc PhD
- Associate Professor John Reynolds PhD
- Dr Rhys Bowden PhD
- Dr Lucy Busija PhD
- Dr Alan Herschtal BCompSc BEng(Elec)
- Dr Thao Le BPharm PhD
- Dr Cathy Martin PhD
- Dr Eldho Paul BSocSc(Hons) DLSHTM MSc PhD
- Ms Madeleine Enright BBiomedSc MPH
- Ms Catherine Smith BSc(Hons) MPH MAppStat
- Ms Pam Simpson BSc(Hons)
Biostatistical Research Areas
Our research interests include:
Teaching and Education
Our teaching activities include undergraduate teaching in the Bachelor of Health Sciences and Biomedical Science courses, and postgraduate teaching in the Master of Public Health and Master of Clinical Research. Our staff also coordinate three units in the Master of Biostatistics offered through Monash University in conjunction with the Biostatistics Collaboration of Australia. In addition, we run a number of short courses in biostatistics for public health and clinical researchers and in the Victorian Centre for Biostatistics (ViCBiostat) Summer School.