If you would like to receive this free bulletin by email, please contact the Women's Health Research Program on
+61 3 9903 0827 or by email to email@example.com.
- August: Polycystic ovary syndrome in women – a common problem or is it being over diagnosed?
- July: Sexual well-being after menopause: An International Menopause Society White Paper · "Why Should Clinicians Be Concerned About Prescribing Compounded Hormones for Menopausal Women?"
- June: 16th World Congress on Menopause – Vancouver, Canada, June 2018
- May: A sexual health Process of Care for women experiencing diminished sexual desire / interest · Does menopause affect respiratory health?
- April: Might bio-engineered ovaries soon replace menopausal hormone therapy?
- March: Study findings
- August: Obesity-related cancers and energy-dense food
- June: Key points from two presentations at the Asia Pacific Menopause Federation ASM 2017
- April: Does vitamin D and calcium lower cancer risk in older women?
- January: Do herbal products have risks for the Australian community?
- December: Menopause accelerates biological ageing
- November: There is increasing interest in chemicals called "endocrine disrupting chemicals"
- September: Contraception and sexual function – is there a link?
- August: Menopausal hormone therapy (HRT) still scares women while the experts try to dispel fears
- June: Menopause symptoms are associated with poor self-assesed work ability
- March: A sensitive issue for women after breast cancer
- January: Menopause and memory – is there a connection?
- November: When do hot flushes ever stop?
- September: How much vitamin D is enough?
- June: New research from the WHRP published in the Medical Journal of Australia and Maturitas
- May: Screening mammograms
- March: Who should have a bone density study? · Does menopausal hormone therapy increase the risk of ovarian cancer?
- January: What is the menopause? How will it affect you? What can you do about it?
- December: Moderate-severe vasomotor and sexual symptoms remain problematic for 60-65 year old women
- October-November: Women's expectations and experiences of hormone treatement for sexual dysfunction
- August-September: Obesity is associated with a poorer prognosis in women with hormone receptor positive breast cancer
- July: A practitioners toolkit for managing the menopause
- June: Findings from the study of metformin for the management of insulin resistance in overweight women at midlife
- April-May: Antidepressants and bone health · Dense breasts, what tests should be done? · Endurance exercise after menopause and cardiovascular health
- March: Fat Nation: why are so many Australians are obese and how to fix it
- February: Update from the Bupa Health Foundation Health and Wellbeing after Breast Cancer Study
- January: Fracking (fraccing)... a new way to find natural gas or a serious health concern going under the radar?
- December: Investigating the Prevention of Endometrial CAncer with Metformin [PECAM Study]
- November: Transdermal testosterone therapy improves selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-associated sexual dysfunction in women
- October: Will all that walking increase my bone density?
- September: Achieving targeted assessment of osteoporosis in women at midlife
- August: Pregnancy and breast cancer
- July: Osteoporosis
- June: New research presented at the Endocrine Society Annual Meeting 2013
- May: Do hormone levels influence cholesterol after menopause?
- April: Improving the health and wellbeing of women after breast cancer
- March: Breaking news regarding the care of women at menopuase
- February: Whats new on the supplement front, an update and, predicting menopause
- January: Menopause – we assume everyone knows about it, but what is it and how are women affected
- December: The ATLAS study: Adjuvant Tamoxifen – Longer Against Shorter
- November: Menopause and weight gain
- October: Talking Sex
- September: Breast reconstruction following mastectomy in Australia
- August: An Olympic Issue
- July: Can calcium supplements cause heart disease?
- June: Colorectal / Bowel Cancer in Women
- May: Update on vitamins A, C and E
- April: What is insulin resistance and pre-diabetes?
- March: Bone health, osteoporosis and osteopenia
- February: Depression and the menopause
- January: Compounded medicine, consumers beware
- December: Testosterone improves verbal learning and memory in postmenopausal women: pilot study results
- November: Testosterone in women
- October: Screening for ovarian cancer – an update
- September: Fecal incontinence is not uncommon amongst women in the community
- August: Screening for ovarian cancer – an update
- July: Taking control of your weight
- June: Antidepressant therapy and sexual function
- May: When to take cholesterol-lowering medication
- April: Screening for ovarian cancer
- March: Breast cancer rates have gone back to being the same as before women stopped taking HRT