As part of the residency, we offer the following:
- Return economy airfare (arranged by Monash University)
- Contribution to further travel, living expenses, materials and/or production costs to the value of $12,000
- Serviced apartment in Palazzo Vai (single or double occupancy) from 1 September – 30 November
- accomodation is available for artists with dependant children
- for further details on family accomodation please contact email@example.com
- Private studio with:
- approx. 40 square metres
- abundant natural light
- white-clad walls that can be hung on
- power points
- access to PC and Mac computer labs including printing facilities
- access to fax and photocopier via the administrative offices
- Some general costs associated with exhibition and public presentation, e.g. promotional material, professional translation services, refreshments
- Travel insurance for the period of the residency, which will be provided by Monash University’s Insurance Agent
- Administrative assistance with permits for transport of artworks
- Monash University Prato Centre offers professional liaison support for interactions with the local community, but applicants should be in a position to undertake their residency in a largely self-directed capacity.
- Give an initial public presentation either about existing work and/or the research to be undertaken during the Residency
- Engage with the Monash Art Design & Architecture’s semester programs
- Public engagement opportunity, e.g. workshop, lecture, exhibition (of works produced during the residency, works in progress, or existing work)
- The Monash University logo, Monash Art Design & Architecture and Monash University Prato Centre acknowledgement must appear on works that were developed during or associated with the residency and on all related publicity material.
Please note, the studio is not suitable for major construction as there are no workshops or hand tools. The heritage-listed parquetry floor can be covered for minor works.
All other services, materials and expenses, including transport of artworks, private phone arrangements, laundry, tools, etc. must be covered by the artist.
It is the responsibility of the resident to inform themselves of visa requirements for Italy and to make any necessary arrangements.