To be the premier Department of Psychiatry at an Australian University, excelling both internationally and nationally in excellence of research, education, clinical care and community leadership for mental health.
- To deliver outstanding research scholarship across its subspecialties of adult, aged, child and adolescent, youth, drug and alcohol, consultation-liaison, forensic, and social and community psychiatry;
- To translate that research into excellent clinical care in our mental health services, generating fundamental change in the quality of care delivered and the global outcomes achieved for our patients;
- To educate and mentor the next generation of doctors and psychiatrists, including development of a key proportion into academic psychiatrists;
- To lead key master and doctoral degree programs for higher degree students and sustain mentoring through post-doctoral programs that mature our academics for the future;
- To sustain a stellar undergraduate program in psychiatry for our MBBS students striving to become the physicians of the future;
- To support our clinical colleagues in their academic and clinical growth, including the disciplines of clinical psychology, mental health nursing, social work and other allied health disciplines.