Dear Group - ECRU TRD
L-R: Richard Simpson, Yunshan Hu, Anthony Dear, Hong Bin Liu
The Eastern Clinical Research Unit translational research division (ECRU TRD), headed by Associate Professor Anthony Dear, aims to expand the capabilities of ECRU beyond clinical research to a better understanding of the activity of existing pharmaceuticals and the development of new treatment modalities. Active contributors to ECRU TRD include members of several disciplines from the clinical activity at ECRU including the Departments of Endocrinology, Neurology and Oncology together with significant support from the national funding bodies and the pharmaceutical industry. ECRU TRD also seeks to foster an environment supportive of ongoing academic endeavor, including postgraduate studies, with translational research projects for B.Sc(Hons) and Ph.D students being available.
For current project opportunity descriptions please visit our honours page
Selected ECRU TRD Collaborative Research Projects 2016–2018
- Development of Biomarkers of Early Response and Resistance to EpigeneticTherapy in Myelodysplastic Syndrome and AML.
- Characterisation of the Potential Anti-Platelet Effects of GLP-1R agonists.
- Identification of the GLP-1R in the Vasculature- A Mechanism for Enhance Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes.
- Evaluation of Novel Vascular Effects of the SGLT-2 Inhibitor Class of Therapeutics.
- Development of a Novel Angioplasty Device for the Management of Occlusive Vascular Disease.
ECRU TRD receives funding from Monash University via the clinical arm of ECRU and senior investigators associated with various ECRU TRD projects. In addition, ECRU TRD has significant funding contributions from the pharmaceutical industry together with government granting bodies including the NH&MRC and VCA.