MBCT Peer Supervision
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Peer Supervision Group 2020
Commenced in 2011, the purpose of this group is to provide a reflective peer supervision support for mental health professionals who have completed training in MBCT or significant training in another established mindfulness-based intervention and are facilitating groups in the community. The focus of the group is on MBCT group practices, processes and issues and the application of mindfulness theory and philosophy.
Activities may include:
- Discussion of clinical issues arising from practice
- Review of research articles and books
- Case presentations
- Open discussion of topical issues
- Review of videotaped session material
- Discussion of practical and administrative issues in running an MBCT group in private practice
- Opportunity to practice leading meditations
- Promotion of conferences and upcoming events relevant to the practice of mindfulness and training opportunities in this area
- Feedback from workshops/seminars
Examples of topics discussed:
- For whom is MBCT best suited?
- The pre-group interview
- Promoting adherence to MBCT
- Encouraging maintenance of practice
- The role of relaxation in mindfulness and MBCT
- Mindfulness in acute settings
- Mindfulness and suicide
- Booster groups
Free of charge
Southern Synergy| Monash Health – Adult Mental Health
ART (Administration, Research & Training) Building
126 – 128 Cleeland St Dandenong Vic 3175
Meeting room 5
you can request for a “Zoom” link and you can virtually attend.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to be sent.
During COVID-19 restrictions, all meetings are virtual.
First Wednesday of the month, 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Dates for 2020 MBCT Peer Supervision
|Jan 2020 - Nil||Wed 5 February||Wed 4 March||Wed 1 April|
|Wed 6 May||Wed 3 June||Wed 1 July||Wed 5 August|
|Wed 2 September||Wed 7 October||Wed 4 November||Wed 2 December|
Dates for 2021 MBCT Peer Supervision
|Jan 2021 - Nil||Wed 3 February||Wed 3 March||Wed 7 April|
|Wed 5 May||Wed 2 June||Wed 7 July||Wed 4 August|
|Wed 1 September||Wed 6 October||Wed 3 November||Wed 1 December|
Parking You can park at Dandenong Oasis Sports Centre (free for 2 hours). Walk towards David St, or paid parking is available at the Hospital, of course there is off street parking usually a two hour maximum.
Please call Fran Shawyer on m: 0400 665 676 on arrival.