Mobile Food Vendors
Mobile Food Vendors (Food Trucks/Vans) at Monash University
Monash University campuses have a diverse range of on-campus retailers with the capacity to cater for a large range of campus needs. However, from time to time, Event Organisers may wish to use external Mobile Food Vendors. In all instances, Event Organisers are encouraged to first consider whether their requirements can be met by on-campus retailers, prior to bringing any Mobile Vendor onto campus.
1. Mobile Vendors may trade on campus from time to time:
- Where the retail need cannot be met by on-campus retail options (e.g., retail is shut the day or time of the event, or the event requires a specific cuisine not available on campus).
- To enhance the activation and vibrancy of a specific events or festival.
2. When a Mobile Vendor does trade on campus, they must not be located in proximity to on-campus retail, which will be ensured by Monash Venues. See the below campus maps for on-campus retailer locations.
3. Prior to a Mobile Vendor being engaged, the Event Organiser needs to seek approval from Monash Venues by filling out a Venue Booking Request, providing details including day, time, location and name of the vendor. Any Mobile Vendor that hasn’t been approved by Monash Venues will be requested to leave and will be escorted off campus by Security.
When inviting a Mobile Food Vendor to trade on campus the following steps need to be followed by the Event Organiser:
- Familiarise yourselves with the Mobile Food Vendor Procedure provided above and obtain a copy of the Mobile Vendor’s Public Liability insurance - Certificate of Currency per the Monash University requirements.
- Contact Monash Venues to get approval for a Mobile Food Vendor to trade on campus prior to engaging with the company.
- Request the Mobile Food Vendor register their business or company via Buildings & Property (BPD). You must confirm this has been completed and notify Monash Venues.
- Ensure the Mobile Food Vendor has completed the University’s OH&S induction training prior to arriving on-campus (BPD will assist). Failure to comply with this will result in cancellation of the Mobile Food Vendor’s attendance.
- Provide Mobile Food Vendor with the Mobile Food Vendor License Agreement (supplied by Monash Venues) signed on behalf of the University. Without this they can’t trade on campus.
- Provide event logistic details such as time, date, location and bump in/out information to the Mobile Food Vendor. Monash Venues will inform Security.
- Event Organiser to organise Bins and additional electrical points via BPD for the Mobile Vendor.
- Manage Mobile Food Vendor whilst onsite and ensure the event site is clean post event.
When a Mobile Food Vendor is invited to trade on campus the following steps need to be followed by the Mobile Food Vendor:
1 Register your business or company with Buildings & Property (BPD) so you can be added to the OHS induction portal (this may take 3-5 business days) and confirm with Monash Venues once completed. You will need to provide the following documentation through this process.
- Company Registered Name
- Company Trading Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Certificates of currency for the insurance
- Details of Monash staff member overseeing / in charge of attendance
2 Complete the University’s OH&S induction training. Failure to comply with this will result in the cancellation of your attendance.
3 The Event Organiser will confirm the following with you:
- Time and Date
- Bump In and Out information
4 On arrival to campus you must report to a Campus security office to collect contractor stickers for all staff and a Security Officer will safely escort you on and off campus.