London based alumni support student learning
On 10 February 2017, seven Monash University students will travel to London to participate in the Global Discovery Program 2017, a seven day intensive internship facilitated by the Monash Global Leaders’ Group UK – a network of prominent and passionate alumni living and working in London.
These industry leading alumni have given their time and valuable connections to create a world-class program for the students:
- Dr Siobhan Martin, Executive Director of HR for the UK at Mercer
- Simon Bird, General Manager, Savoo International
- Gina Leong, Head of Core Banking Delivery, Commercial Banking Lloyd’s Banking Group
- Christopher Murphy, Group Managing Director, ThoughtWorks
- Damien Staples, Vice President, Wholesale Voice & Roaming, BT Global Services
- Michael Lee, Head of Consultants UK, Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management
As well as their own companies, the Global Leaders’ Group have arranged meetings with the Royal Academy, Linley Furniture, Alice Bow, Samsung Electronics, and Credit Suisse amongst others. The students will also attend a reception at the Australian High Commission hosted by the High Commissioner, the Hon. Alexander Downer AC.
Monash students were invited to apply for the Global Discovery Program 2017 by creating a 30 second video on the theme, What will you discover? They uploaded their videos to YouTube and Vimeo using #monashdiscovery. Read about the student delegates for the first Global Discovery Program in London here.
“Interacting with distinguished Monash alumni in a truly global city and sharing this experience with fellow students is an adventure I am privileged to embark on and am ready to embrace.”
Third year student, Commerce Law
Global Discovery Program 2017 London participant