If you're a Monash graduate and haven’t been a Library member before, complete the Online Membership Application Form so we can set you up and you can start enjoying free access. You’ll need to provide a non-Monash email address, and your previous Student ID number. If you’ve forgotten your number, contact Monash Connect.
As an alumni Library member, you are entitled to the following benefits:
- Access to selected alumni databases via this link.
- Borrowing privileges at any of our Australian libraries
- Up to 30 items for two weeks (journals and high-demand or restricted loan material excluded)
- Receive an email alert a few days before the end of your loan period.
- Many items will be automatically renewed up to 52 weeks, provided no other borrower requests are placed on that item.
- Find out more about borrowing including monitoring your loans, due dates, requests and returning items.
Congratulations on completing your studies! To access the Library’s collections and services (where eligible), you will need to apply for Library alumni membership by completing this online form. We will process your application and let you know when your account is ready.
If you’ve forgotten your username, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you registered with, if possible and we will be able to help you retrieve it.
If you’ve forgotten both your username and password, please contact us at email@example.com from the email address you registered with, if possible.
You need to be logged into the alumni databases page before you begin your search, by clicking on the green OpenAthens button in the top right corner. You'll know you've logged in successfully as the word 'success' will appear at the end of the URL, and a popup message will display to tell you that you have successfully signed in to OpenAthens
You can then select the database you'd like to search in and begin.
Alternatively, once you've logged in, you can open Library Search (library catalogue) in a new tab and search directly there. If a resource is available to you, you will be able to access it directly from there. Please note that if you haven't first logged in to OpenAthens you won't be able to access any full text while you are in Library Search.
Some online resources are not available to alumni members due to licensing agreements which restrict access to current Monash staff and students. This applies to many eBooks.
Signing in to Library Search will give you access to your Library Search account, it won't give you access to the full text of Library online resources. Log in first to OpenAthens on the alumni databases page, then use Library Search.
- Selected alumni databases
- Monash Alumni Page
- Monash Australian libraries
- Library opening hours
- Giving to the Library
- Alumni discounts from Monash University Publishing
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone +61 3 9905 5054