COVID Library services update — Tue, 18 Jan
Use your Monash University ID card or Library member card to borrow from any of our Victorian campus libraries.
What you can borrow
Sign in and select 'My Loans' to check due dates of your loans, or view fines and hold requests.
After the initial borrowing period, items are automatically renewed unless
- it is requested by another user
- it is restricted material
- you have overdue loans
- you have reached the maximum loan period of 52 weeks.
You can check the status of your current loans, due dates, requests and fines in Search. Select 'Sign in' then 'My Loans'.
- You should also receive a courtesy email a few days before the end of your loan period.
- The item must be returned by the due date specified in My Loans or courtesy notice.
- Fines will apply to all items that are overdue.
- It is your responsibility to return items by the due date.
- If you have an item that is overdue, you cannot borrow and other items you have on loan will no longer be automatically renewed.
- 24-hour returns are available at all libraries.
- During opening hours, you can return items at any of our libraries using the returns chute inside.
- You can also post items to any of our branch libraries in Victoria. Check the address of the library.
- You can request items currently on loan or available at a different campus. Find the item in Search, select 'Get it', Request and then your pick-up location.
- You may not be able to request high demand and other restricted loan material.
- You can request Special Collections material to be picked up and viewed only in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- If you are designated as Off-campus, you can request the item be posted to your home [student] or office [staff]. Select "Personal Delivery" from the list of pick-up locations. You can return items at any of our libraries or pay for return post.
- You will receive an email when your requested item is ready for collection. Items awaiting collection are placed on the hold shelves at the pick up location under your name. You have 7 days to pick up the item after which it will be returned to the shelves.
- To cancel a request before it becomes available, select 'My Loans' then select 'Requests' to view a list of your requests. Select the 'Cancel' link as appropriate.
Arrangements for placements or teaching rounds
Students on medical or nursing placement or teaching rounds may be permitted to borrow for longer periods. Contact Hargrave-Andrew Library staff for more information.
The Borrowing brochure summarises how to borrow from the Library.