Library services for off-campus students

If you are enrolled in an off-campus learning course, or more than 50% of your enrolment is in off-campus mode, you are eligible for the following services.

Note: Different entitlements apply to students enrolled in an online course.


Consult About borrowing for details of your entitlements, making a request, renewals and fines.

Postal loans

You can request items for postal loan online through Search. Select the pickup location 'Home Delivery' from under the "Personal Delivery" heading.
Only students that the University considers to be off-campus students will see this option in Search.

Items will be posted to you, at no charge.

Some limitations to postal loans apply if you are not a resident in Australia.

Returning items

You’ll need to pay for the return postage and ensure items reach the Library by the due date.

Check the address for the library for postal return of your items.

You are responsible for items posted to you until they are returned to the Library.

Electronic delivery of print materials

Request electronic copies of journal articles and book chapters that are only available in print.

Library research skills

In our workshops Librarians can work with you on:

  • how and where to start researching a topic
  • finding and evaluating information
  • effective use of Library collections, databases and the Internet
  • researching for assessments and projects
  • citing and referencing: identifying sources and using referencing styles

You can also make a booking to Meet with a Librarian for a 15-minute Zoom meeting.

Access to libraries

You can visit any branch of the Library to use services and facilities or borrow items in person.

Visiting non-Monash libraries

Monash staff and students can borrow from other libraries in person with the following membership schemes.

Victorian libraries

  • Request a CAVAL card from your campus library, or
  • Present your current student/staff ID at the other non-Monash library.

Other Australian and New Zealand libraries

Register with the ULANZ scheme to borrow from libraries at universities and colleges in other Australian states and New Zealand. A registration fee may be charged by some libraries.

Contact us

The Library is here to help. Contact us by phone, email, chat or in person.