Quick reference guide
Applying for course or campus transfer
This guide contains information for current Monash students applying for a course or campus transfer.
Recommended browsers are Chrome and Firefox; Edge is not supported.
Table of Contents
- Log into the student application
- Adding courses to your application
- Enter your reason for applying
- Confirm credit or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment
- Submit student application
- Confirmation of application submission
Log into the student application
- Go to the course or campus transfer page.
- Select the How to apply tab, and then select the Apply for a course transfer button to commence your course transfer application.
- Sign in with your Monash student email address and your password in the provided fields.
- Once you've signed in, you'll be directed to the draft application page.
- Check My Profile on the right panel to make sure it has your correct information. This information isn't editable, so if any of the information is incorrect, you will need to contact the Monash Service Desk.
Adding courses to your application
- Start by typing the course name or course code you would like to transfer into and select the course from the list that will appear.
- To change your selection, clear the text you have entered, and then type another course name or course code and select it.
- Select your intended specialisation/major from the drop-down list (if your course requires it). If you've selected a double degree, you need to enter a second specialisation/major.
- Select the campus.
- Select the Add to my preferences button to add the selected course as one of your three preferences.
- You can simply repeat this process to add two more preferences or select the trash can icon button to delete a preference.
You may select up to three preferences. You can drag and drop to change the order of your preferences.
Enter your reason for applying
Enter the reason you're applying for your preference(s) in the highlighted field/s. Select reason for applying for more information.
It's recommended that you include a reason for each course preference.
Confirm Credit or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Assessment
- Select whether you want to have your completed Monash units assessed for credit. Yes will be the default option.
- Select whether you want to have your credits from external institutions assessed for credit. select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
- Select ‘Recognition for Prior Learning’ and read this information carefully as it will help you with your credit assessment.
- Enter details of the prior learning you wish to receive credit or exemption for in the highlighted textbox.
You will have to provide supporting documentation for the prior learning you want to receive credit for. For example, Academic transcripts, Unit synopsis, Personal statement, Position title, Letter from employer, Current CV, Professional development certificate.
If you are applying for credit for your studies at Monash, you don’t have to provide an academic transcript.
- Upload any supporting documentation for your application
You can't upload files larger than 30MB and you can only upload image, PDF, ZIP and DOC files.
Submit student application
- Read the declaration carefully and select the checkbox to complete it.
- If you're still unsure of your preferences or the order of your preferences, select Save draft to save the application as a draft. You can return to your application at any time prior to the closing date to submit your application. If your application is complete, select Submit and you'll be asked to confirm your application submission.
Confirmation of application submission
- Once you've read the confirmation and are ready to submit your application, select Submit.
You'll see a confirmation of your course transfer application submission. An email notification will also be sent to your Monash student email address.
- Select Next and you'll be directed to a quick survey page. You can view our privacy statement before providing your anonymous feedback.
- Select Submit and you'll be directed to your application progress page. You'll see any files you had uploaded with your application and a notification of the outcome release date. You can log into your course transfer application progress page to check on the progress and you'll also receive email notifications at each stage of the application process:
Your application for course transfer will be assessed shortly after your submission. You will be notified of an outcome on the outcome release date.