Course or campus transfer
You can apply for an internal transfer if you want to transfer:
- from one Monash coursework degree to another, and/or
- to a different Monash campus.
You can only transfer between the same course type (eg from one bachelor degree to another bachelor degree) and only if you haven't completed your course. If you are completing your current course and wish to enrol in another, you will need to apply as instructed in Find a course.
Masters by research or doctoral degree students should contact their faculty or Graduate Research about transfers.
Transferring course or campus is part of a competitive selection process. This means that you will be competing with other students for a place in the course.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course transfer are:
- being a current Monash student (you must maintain your enrolment)
- meeting the prerequisites for the new course
- performing at an appropriate level in your current course
- successful completion of at least 12 credit points of a Monash University course.
The actual requirements for transfer may be higher
These are set by the faculty managing the course, including the number of completed credit points required to be considered for a transfer. Check the course transfer requirements carefully, before making an application for a transfer.
Credit for previous studies
If successful, you may be eligible for credit. Credit is awarded only if your previous studies are relevant to the new course.
Apply for a transfer
Semester one 2019 applications are closed.
All applications closed Friday 26 October.
- You can apply for a maximum three course preferences in one application
- You can only submit one application - so don't rush it
- You'll be made one course offer, which will be your highest eligible preference
- Think through the order of your preferences, as this is very important
When your application is in DRAFT status, you can:
- add, delete or change the order of preferences
- change the response to your questions
- add or delete documents
When your application is in SUBMITTED status, you:
- will be able to track your application assessment
- won’t be able to make changes to your application
- Up to three course preferences
- The reason you're applying for a course transfer
- Whether you want a credit assessment on your completed Monash units
- Whether you want credit from external studies – be prepared with your transcripts and previous unit/s synopsis
- Documents to support your application such as personal statements, resume/CV
Not all courses are open for transfer applications.
- View courses open for transfer applications
- Check the additional entry requirements for course transfers:
- minimum WAM – you'll be able to see your current course and WAM
- prerequisite units
- specific documentation to include with your application
- Click the Apply Now button (on same page as entry requirements)
Don’t submit your application until you have finalised your preference selection and documentation.
You can track the progress and outcome of your application through course transfer progress.
You'll be notified of the outcome of your application by 9am, Monday 10 December after semester two results release.
If successful, you’ll receive notification:
- on how to accept the offer and enrol
- of any approved credit transfer (if applicable)
- that by accepting an offer of course transfer, you grant permission to be discontinued from your current course by the course managing faculty
- that the offer will lapse if you don't accept by the due date of 11.59pm (AEDT) Wednesday 12 December.
If all your course preferences have been declined by the faculty you will be notified earlier and provided guidance of alternate paths for entry.
If successful, you'll receive an offer in a formal International Student Course Agreement. To accept this offer, you need to follow the instructions in the Agreement.
Contacts for Malaysia to Australia transfers
- Arts: email@example.com
- Business and Economics: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering: email@example.com
- Information Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences: email@example.com
- Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfers to campuses outside Australia
- Submit an internal course transfer application (pdf, 0.25 mb) to the faculty managing the course. Do this before completing your current course.
- Ensure you remain enrolled in your current course while waiting for the outcome of your application.