Course or campus transfer
You can apply for an internal transfer if you want to transfer:
- from one Monash coursework degree to another, and/or
- to a different Monash campus.
You can only transfer between the same course type (e.g. from one bachelor degree to another bachelor degree) and only if you haven't completed your course. If you're completing your current course and wish to enrol in another, you'll need to apply as instructed on our find a course page.
Masters by research or doctoral degree students should contact their faculty or Graduate Research about transfers.
Transferring course or campus is part of a competitive selection process. This means that you'll be competing with other students for a place in the course.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course transfer are:
- being a current Monash student (you must maintain your enrolment)
- meeting the prerequisites for the new course
- performing at an appropriate level in your current course
- successful completion of at least 12 credit points of a Monash University course.
The actual requirements for transfer may be higher.
These are set by the faculty managing the course, including the number of completed credit points required to be considered for a transfer. Check the course transfer requirements carefully, before making an application for a transfer.
Credit for previous studies
If successful, you may be eligible for credit. Credit is awarded only if your previous studies are relevant to the new course.
Changes to government assistance
If you transfer into a new course on or after 1 January 2022 in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), or with assistance from a HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP loan, you must pass at least 50 per cent of the units you attempt.
For details, see:
Apply for a transfer
Application dates for semester one 2022
Applications are now closed.
Making changes to your results
If you're applying for a course transfer for semester one 2022 and don't want your grades or marks to be included when your application is assessed, you'll need to submit your decision to convert your results to SFR by 5pm, Tuesday 7 December 2021. See the grading and results update.
How to apply
Not all courses are open for transfer applications.
How to check what courses are open
- View courses open for transfer applications
- Check the additional entry requirements for course transfers:
- any restrictions to transfer considering your current course or location
- minimum WAM – you'll be able to see your current course and WAM when you apply for a transfer
- prerequisite units
- specific documentation to include with your application
- specific requirements such as auditions, interviews or entry tests.
- Up to three course preferences
- The reason you're applying for a course transfer
- Whether you want a credit assessment on your completed Monash units
- Whether you want credit from external studies – be prepared with your transcripts and previous unit/s synopsis
- Documents to support your application such as personal statements, resume/CV
- You can apply for a maximum three course preferences in one application
- You can only submit one application – so think carefully about the order of your preferences
- You'll be made one course offer, which will be for your highest eligible preference
When your application is in DRAFT status, you can:
- add, delete or change the order of preferences
- change the response to your questions
- add or delete documents
When your application is in SUBMITTED status, you:
- will be able to track your application assessment
- won’t be able to make changes to your application
Don’t submit your application until you have finalised your preference selection and documentation.
If successful, you'll receive an offer for your highest eligible preference (see notification dates in the section below).
If all your course preferences have been declined by the faculty, you'll be notified earlier and provided with alternate paths for entry.
Offer notification and acceptance
Offer date: Friday 10 December 2021 (5pm Melbourne time) – after semester two results release.
Contacts for Malaysia to Australia transfers
If you have an enquiry about transferring from Monash Malaysia to an Australian campus, use the contact details below:
- Art, Design & Architecture: submit an enquiry
- Arts: submit an enquiry
- Business and Economics: email@example.com
- Education: submit an enquiry
- Engineering: submit an enquiry
- Information Technology: submit an enquiry
- Law: submit an enquiry
- Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences: submit an enquiry
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science: submit an enquiry