Dixon House Neighbourhood House
Dixon House is a neighbourhood centre located in the heart of Clayton, in the City of Monash, Victoria, Australia. They have a range of educational, social, and welfare programs and services that cater to the needs of those in the local community. Their hope is that this is a place where you can make friends, learn new skills, volunteer your time, and get support.
About the Programs
- English tutoring volunteer - teach English to ESL learners in a one-to-one or small group context
- Homework Club support volunteer - be a role model and support Grades 3 to Year 8 students through a weekly after school program
- Administration and Reception volunteer - one day a week office support
- Emergency Relief volunteer - assess and provide practical support to those in need
- Computer teaching volunteer - teach older people how to use computers and technology
- Literacy support volunteer - provide once-off assistance to those with literacy limitations to access services
- Art group volunteer - support those with disabilities to engage and undertake art activities
- Special interest workshop volunteer - want to run a general interest workshop? Dixon House can support you from start to finish including planning, guidance, promoting, venue use, and set-up on the day. This is an excellent way to get involved in a short-term project that gives you invaluable experience, greater connection to the local community, and looks great on your CV! For example, we have to date hosted the following for university students:
- Communication workshop
- Sustainability workshop
- Internet privacy workshop
- Singaporean culture presentation and dinner
- Indian culture presentation and dinner
Who can participate?
Anyone over 18 years of age.
All volunteers must have a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) and pass a police check (paid for by Dixon House)
In person at 2 Dixon Street, Clayton, next to Monash Hospital
Victoria school term dates
Varies according to the role, but ranges from 2 to 5 hours weekly
Note - volunteers are asked to volunteer for a period of no less than six months.
More information and applications
Visit their website find out more about Dixon Neighbourhood House.
To enquire about becoming a volunteer at Dixon House , fill out the Expression of Interest form.
From 2023, all staff and students will need to complete a short module, Foundations of Volunteering before undertaking any volunteering activities. Get started here!