Non-Residential College Advisers
Non-Residential Colleges offer both online and on-campus activities. Get involved in our on-campus college games, sporting events, BBQs and movie nights, or connect with other students online using one of our virtual platforms.
About the role
College advisers are trained volunteers who shape the college experience by providing friendship, support and mentoring to their peers. Responsibilities include providing mentoring and support for up to 15 college members, assisting with and attending college events, participating in training and development opportunities and liaising with the college support team.
Who can participate?
To be eligible, you must
- have completed at least 24 credit points of a Monash degree, with a grade point average (GPA) of two (credit average) or higher
- currently be enrolled at a campus with a non-residential college (Caulfield, Clayton, Parkville or Peninsula)
- be able to commit for a full year, from January to December (students graduating mid-year are not eligible to apply)
- be able to attend a minimum of six college events (day and evening) each semester
- be available on the scheduled training dates and during February enrolment and orientation periods.
The role is for 12 months, running from January to December. During this time, advisers volunteer for approximately 10 hours a fortnight.
More information and applications
To find out more, go to Non-Residential Colleges.
From 2023, all staff and students will need to complete a short module, Foundations of Volunteering, before undertaking any volunteering activities. Get started here!