Awards of Merit honours for Monash Design and Architecture at Design Australia Awards
The Designers Australia Awards are the benchmark for Australian design excellence and the ultimate accolade for design professionals. They champion ideas, creativity, diversity, and processes in three categories including:
- Place – spaces where we live, work and play
- Use – objects we use
- Interact – what, who or how we interact with things
Congratulations to Monash projects that received the Award of Merit accolade in the 'Use' category, including:
- Design Health Collab for 'PALM - Breathing new life into asthma treatment'
- Design Health Collab and SensiLab for 'PupilMetrix'
- Desiree Ibinarriaga and Wominjeka Djeembana for 'Agave'
- Gyungju Chyon and John Sadar (Little Wonder) for 'Round Rhizome Rings'
- SensiLab and MADA for 'Drawbotic DB-1: A Drawing Robots Platform'
In the 'Interact' category:
- Ian Wong, InDae Hwang and collaborators for 'Light Colour Humanity - Alastair Swayn Legacy Showcase'
And, in the 'Place' category:
Lastly congratulations to Monash Industrial Design Alumnus, Ross Gardam, who not only secured two Awards of Merit for his Volant chandelier and Vestige lamp, but was also recognised as one of the 2023 DIA fellows.